- VMware reports:
- A general system error occurred: cannot read the host cache configuration because some other process is modifying it at this time
- Operation failed, diagnostics report: Cannot read the host cache configuration because some other process is modifying it at this time.
- ls -alh /tmp shows the tmp folder as being full with ql_ima.log +100MB
Issue lies with the QLogic driver. Place host into maintenance mode:
- Delete the log and disable logging as per http://filedownloads.qlogic.com/files/driver/79829/release_iscsi_adapter_driver_vmware_esx_esxi_41x.pdf by deleting the .cfg file.
Added internal QLogic IMA plug-in logging feature for IMA plug-in and iSDMAPI, which is activated by creating a file with the following path: /etc/ql_ima.cfg
- Delete the log, update the driver having copied the offline bundle onto the host – driver location
esxcli software vib install -d /var/log/vmware/qla4xxx-6188.8.131.52-offline_bundle-1682448.zip